Freelance Spanish Translator • March 2011 – present
- Business translations for sales, operations, financial and customer service documents for G.F.Puhl Company, a world-leading manufacturer of pneumatic air conveyance systems located in Gallatin, TN. Worked with a Patagonia-based Architecture student in translating a proposal for a memorial project in Punto Arenas, Chile.
Freelance Proofreader/Copyeditor • Jul 2007 – present
- In 2013-2014 worked with Pacifico Ship Repair, a Valparaiso, Chile-based marine repair company that interacts with a variety of international clients as their vessels call upon 3 major Chilean ports. Duties include copyediting, Spanish to English translations, general marketing, and acting as administrative assistant to the owner, Alejandro Bustamante.
- Worked with Praesentia Inc, a Nashville-based marketing and communications consulting firm, on high-profile client projects in the areas of Human Resources and elderlaw firms. Assisted Cleveland-based owner/designer Diane Linston with copy and concept for her ready-to-wear fashion line “N.G.U”.
Freelance Travel/Creative Writer • Sep 2009 – present
- Travel articles, both journalistic and creative, for Demand Media’s Travel Section (an online publisher with content channels such as eHow.com) and Vagabondish.com (offbeat backpacking and travel advice).
- Creative writer for 15 years: projects include short stories and multiple fiction novels, the first of which is currently awaiting publication. Have maintained multiple travel blogs since the year 2006. Received state recognition for creative writing in the year 2000.
Medical Clerk / Interpreter
Community Health Services • Fremont, OH • May 2010 – Sep 2012
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of two primary care medical clinics, a migrant clinic and an OB/GYN facility, including scheduling, answering phones, providing medical records, translating educational material, and interpreting for Spanish-speaking patients.
Cafe Arqueologico Yax-Ha • July – Sep 2008 • Flores, Guatemala
- Worked in a restaurant/Spanish-language school owned by a German architect. Performed a wide variety of duties, such as assist in the running of the restaurant, translating brochures, developing advertising material and more.
Su Casa • Sep 2007 – May 2008 • Cincinnati, OH
- Served as an immigrant services volunteer; conducted interviews and translated emotional immigrant stories into English for publication in a compilation of border-crossing stories.
Living Waters • Sep 2005 – May 2006 • Hamilton, OH
- Served as an after-school volunteer and helped underprivileged Latino children (grades 3-6) understand their homework.
La Ninez Poblana • Jan 2006 – April 2006 • Puebla, Mexico
- Served as a student volunteer; visited an orphanage three times a week to spend time with abandoned children.
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, England, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Italy, Jordan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Scotland, Spain
BA in Spanish & Latin American Studies, Miami University, Oxford OH
Semester abroad at Universidad de las Américas, Cholula, Puebla, México